Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Machine Is Us/ing Us

I just watched The Machine Is Us/ing Us on YouTube. It was very interesting. I watched it a few times to really try to understand what this video is hoping to convey. It was very original and really opened my eyes to the changing world we are living in. I interpreted it to be expressing the incredible changes we've seen in technology in recent history, specifically concerning computers and the internet. Things continue to change on a daily basis, with the internet becoming more and more complex and more and more available to virtually anyone in the world. With this shift and advance in technology, other things have been and will continue to be effected, including the way we view ethics, privacy and dozens of other topics.

3 comments:

  1. Technology and the internet is definitely changing continuously. Being that it is changing so quickly I think there will be an affect on careers that deal with communication. Having more than enough sources to communicate with someone can be overwhelming. People will have to keep up with all of the changes in technology just to keep that competitive drive in the workforce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I had to watch the video a couple of times to process it all. The ability for so many people to upload and create online is both incredible and a little scary. As communicators we have to stay professional in order to stand out and be taken seriously online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Technology continues to change on a regular basis. It is scary, but exciting to think about the changes I have seen since I started freshman year. What changes will there be in a year? Five years? I can only imagine. Being that I am in the PR field, I am ready and willing to continue to learn in order to keep up with the ever changing technology.

    ReplyDelete